It's been a little while since I posted, and there are also various projects on the go. So, I thought a round-up to update everything would be a pretty good idea:
Wars Of The Roses
I've found the 'mass-painting' method of progressing things is excellent, and so I have proceeded further down this road. I can now report that all weapons have been painted an appropriate wood-colour. I don't know why it should be so, but for some reason the thought that my WOTR project has no longbows or bills to paint any more really does make it feel like it is almost over!
Seven Years' War
On my other blog primarily, but I have a new campaign up and running at long last. It's being done along DBA lines, to make it a bit more 'zippy' and quick, which I think is what's needed most.
Waterloo in Plastic
The first batch of figures in the Anglo-Allied army is undercoat-sprayed and painting is now underway (although secondary to WOTR, for now.) Also need another batch of Ebay reinforcements to do the entire Anglo-Allied army, as I seem to have gravitated to this first. I'm also now thinking of 'Black Powder' as my main choice of ruleset.
My game of Barbarossa to Berlin (B2B) is finished successfully, but lots of notes now need to be sorted out. I'm going to try and do a game (possible Paths of Glory) as an 'in progress' report to show how it might be done. I'll need to get some maps drawn up for noting progress of the game, so this should hopefully come shortly.
The next battle between the Afrika Korps and the Eighth Army has been fought - and is a rather dull draw. I was going to post an account, but it turned out to be lots of head-on pounding which makes for very poor game after-action reports. Still, I made use of some modelled defences, in the form of minefields and entrenched units. I'll put up the pics to show these, shortly.
That's it, for now at least!