Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bases & Stuff...

Just a quick update, on something which I've meant to get for some time to help with the Wars of the Roses figures.  I have bought myself a stack of movement trays, like the ones shown below:  


I had some MDF bases already to act as movement-trays but they were never really satisfactory as, of course, all the individually-based models just slid around unless you lifted them and kept it precisely level at all times.  

The new ones in the above photo have got regularly spaces indents designed to let you slot a 1p-coin or a similarly-sized washer into them, so your figures stay in place and don't shuffle around!  

I bought them from warbases and thought I would recommend them, given how well they've done the job.  

4 comments:

  1. If I might offer a suggestion, sir. . . .

    You might want to paint the trays (including the indentations) as close a green to your figure basing color as you can find.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, good to see your War of Roses models progressing. I considered getting movement trays from Warbases. Instead I am getting some from Oshiro Model terrain. They are clear Perspex. I'll post some pics on my blog when they are down. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff,

    Quite right about painting the bases. I'm currently assembling my new model figures for painting, and shall also be doing the bases at the same time. My collection seems to grow as the ongoing campaign dictates!

    Cheers,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Richard - I check up on your blog for regular doses of inspiration on your own progress - good luck with the new bases!

    Craig

    ReplyDelete