Sunday, April 8, 2012

Perrys are Evil!

Gaaaaahhh!  Just barely a week since I proclaimed my Wars of the Roses Bows & Bills to be finished, and a major collection basically done, Perry Miniatures throw this out!


WR 40   Mounted Men at Arms 1450-1500  (12 mounted figures) available for pre-order only


And, just for extra 'salt in the wound' coincidence, after my building purchase the other weekend:


RPB 3 Medieval Cottage 1300-1700 available for Pre-order only


D'oh!  Bang goes another pile of money...


More seriously though, this is excellent news.  I was always of a mind to keep the WOTR figures as strictly that.  Even though the 'Mercenaries' boxed set supplied plastic figures for Pikemen, handgunners & Crossbowmen, and it was obviously possible to expand into large mainland European armies like the French, Swiss and Burgundians, I held off.  The main barrier was the lack of a large amount of mounted knights at a cheap price, which was something that blocked any such move.  No longer!  Although I can't go to Salute, I shall no doubt be ordering some very soon and turning my thoughts towards more general Medieval gaming (also possible with the Hail Caesar rules now in my hands.)  


Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment