Sunday, January 2, 2011

Eighth Army Finished

The British Eighth Army is now ready for the desert and battle. Dipped miniatures have been sprayed down with a matt finish and the bases have had a fine layer of sand glued on to finish them up. Not bad, if I do say so myself (well, certainly by my own standards...) I have not painted 10mm before, and the 'dip' painting method works really well - not too big to make painting them take ages, but large enough for the detail to be visible. I'm very happy with the result!


"Off on more of these exercises, eh chaps? Keep up with the tanks."


"Is the tea ready yet, Timpkins?"


"Out on the gun-line, ready to give Jerry what for!"


"Hundreds of miles of nothing, yet we still get a traffic jam!"


"Thirsty work, all this shelling. Any more tea?"


The whole collection, in it's storage box (looking rather abstract from above!)

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! I think the dipping method works particularly well with those desert uniforms.

    ReplyDelete